The last article I wrote wasn’t something I’d planned on…my focus was going to be on housing conditions on reserve, and the reasons for those conditions (an article I still need to do). However, when I started putting that article together, I realised that a lot of people really do think that…
Not sure if you’ve covered this already directly or indirectly but one that seems to be nearly universal is that indigenous ppl are ~lazy~.
Oy but what does that even mean? That one is super hard to tackle because the definition can shift constantly. I never really address that claim because I’ve had that happen…the person making the accusation goes from saying it’s because we don’t pay taxes to we get free houses to we get free education to we get this and that and the other thing. It’s too broad an accusation I guess to deal with head on because it relies on a host of myths. But yeah. Fuck that gets to me. “Everyone knows it” etc. Grrr.
- kweeduh-kwana likes this
- conmodos reblogged this from apihtawikosisan
- cuculine likes this
- criteriamor likes this
- apihtawikosisan reblogged this from allstarsalign and added:
- allstarsalign reblogged this from allstarsalign and added:
- msyahdalah reblogged this from allstarsalign and added:
- msyahdalah likes this
- atimo-taguy reblogged this from apihtawikosisan and added:
- juxtapose-me said: Myths: - Besides free housing, every one of us gets free post secondary. - The well known `We never pay taxes` crap. I am sure there are many more but these two are the most prevalent.
- fetusfiesta reblogged this from apihtawikosisan
- petrifiedpterodactyl likes this
- ishkwaakiiwan likes this
- apihtawikosisan posted this