Cool whip (not even real whipped cream ffs).
Those itty bitty little all-colours marshmallows.
Sometimes canned mandarin oranges and bits of canned pineapples.
Fucking maraschino cherries.
This monstrosity would be placed alongside the salads at white potlucks.
That shit always scared me.
That isn’t a salad. It isn’t a dessert either.
I thought it was whipped lard once.
I was so sad when I spat it out.
my (white, northern minnesotan) aunt would put pistachio pudding mix into the cool whip, and chop up pistachios and marischino cherries (that aren’t even real btw) in them.
omg pistachio pudding!
That’s another bizarre thing I remember from potlucks.
It’d green. And there are chunks meant to simulate pistachios I guess? I never even saw a pistachio until I was an adult. I sure as hell wasn’t eating no green pudding.
- hardcoresandals likes this
- gin-and-derision reblogged this from apihtawikosisan
- ipodawatomi reblogged this from apihtawikosisan and added:
- hilfemir reblogged this from digatisdi and added:
- sybilance reblogged this from apihtawikosisan and added:
- pyromantix likes this
- brooklynkatchadorian reblogged this from apihtawikosisan and added:
- apihtawikosisan reblogged this from brooklynkatchadorian and added:
- leekfixer reblogged this from apihtawikosisan and added:
- wolffeeder likes this
- sagwaaa reblogged this from apihtawikosisan and added:
- drowninginwellwater likes this
- terrasigillata likes this
- threeglassballoons reblogged this from digatisdi
- threeglassballoons likes this
- nock-knock likes this
- digatisdi reblogged this from ishkwaakiiwan and added:
- juneisnice likes this
- ishkwaakiiwan reblogged this from apihtawikosisan and added:
- 1313days said: i had ambrosia once on a vacation in hawaii when i was like six. it was AMAZING to me because i was six and there was no way my mom would have let me eat it had we not been on vacation.
- nuestrahermana likes this
- wickedknickerbockers said: yo what the fuck even is that. why would anyone have ever thought that was something to eat.
- followtheblackrabb1t said: sounds terrifying. I’m glad my body doesn’t tolerate some of the ingredients so I will never have to try!
- seafaringseafaery said: there is no food more artificial
- ayiman said: oh god, I always hated this stuff
- sagwaaa said: yuuuummmmm
- twoscoopsofawkward likes this
- apihtawikosisan posted this