I’ve got over a thousand recent pictures of people of all ethnicities engaged in cultural appropriation and racist stereotyping of indigenous people, not to mention the various singers and bands (again, of various ethnicities) celebrating the same in videos and on stage.
So yes, to those who like to say that this isn’t really a big deal, that people get it’s not okay, and that we should never, ever compare it to other forms of racist costuming because when this happens to us it’s not comparable at all (as though those kinds of racial costuming don’t happen anymore and are not in fact defended by those who do it)…please look around you and see just how widespread these racist stereotypes are. You can literally find them plastered EVERYWHERE.
The ‘outcry’ is minimal and mostly coming from indigenous peoples.
It would be really, really great if that could change. Only a loud outcry can turn back this tsunami of fucked up marketing.
- umbr3 likes this
- 10100111001 reblogged this from apihtawikosisan
- caesar-at-the-rubicon likes this
- littlemisscomplexicated reblogged this from vkvsamv
- littlemisscomplexicated likes this
- gildatheplant reblogged this from malaptica
- prettylittlepasha reblogged this from malaptica
- vernicqs likes this
- malaptica reblogged this from apihtawikosisan
- tzoc-che reblogged this from apihtawikosisan
- ayiman likes this
- aunty-fascist reblogged this from apihtawikosisan
- cassket reblogged this from apihtawikosisan
- farscape-queen likes this
- thecubeabides likes this
- platanos-fritos likes this
- selchieproductions likes this
- vkvsamv reblogged this from apihtawikosisan and added:
- badhawaiian-shirts likes this
- andreablythe reblogged this from apihtawikosisan
- kararikue reblogged this from apihtawikosisan
- andreablythe likes this
- kararikue likes this
- apihtawikosisan posted this